Unit Standard: 116940
This course is designed for those who wish to gain the necessary skills to build basic formulas, interact with spreadsheets, design well formatted spreadsheets.
Prerequisites: Candidates should be comfortable with the MS Excel Environment and basic formatting.
You will learn:
- Formula building
- Customising MS Excel & Options
- Advanced formatting
Candidates who successfully complete a Portfolio of Evidence will receive a certificate of competence and awarded credits for these unit standards.
- Customizing Excel
- Working with the View Tab
- Freezing Panes
- Changing Excel Defaults
- Working with multiple Sheets
- Adjusting ranges between sheets
- The SUM function – using BODMAS
- Understanding formula errors
- Absolute referencing
- The ROUND function
- Statistical Functions (Count, Average, Max, Min)
- Working with Templates
- Advanced Formatting Options (number, date, currency, percentage)
- Advanced Border Application
- Evaluating Spreadsheet